Who is behind ARTsolutely
In addition to the above, I have also opened a gallery in the main square of the city where I currently live, Cáceres (Spain), to exhibit my artworks and help other artists to print their creations.
As you can read in my biography (below), my passion for photography started at an early age, but for complex
After working as an engineer for a decade, I took the decision to quit. The main reasons were:
- We have the duty to try to do what we love the most, at least if we are not happy with what we currently do.
- In 1923, when a New York Times reporter asked the climber George Mallory, who was planning an expedition to reach the highest mountain on Earth for the first time in History, why to do that, he stated: “Because it’s there”. In the same way, I have a long list of artistic photographs planned. Once I have an idea, I feel it is my duty to bring it to life, just because it is there. As with my own sons, once my ideas are born, I feel they do not longer belong to me, but it is my duty to help them grow to become fully independent.
Otherwisethey would become extinct.
Thanks for visiting this website. I hope you like it. Do not hesitate to write to me if you have any comment about what you see.
I was born in Barcelona (Spain) in 1977. Shortly after I moved to Madrid and then to Cáceres, a small but charming town, as evidence the fact that it is a World Heritage Site by Unesco.
I remember my childhood climbing to every place I could, continuously running, playing and fighting with my siblings, visiting the countryside every weekend, reading all I could (I used to devour Roald Dahl’s books), spending time with friends in the old town of Cáceres and travelling around Europe with my family in summer.
I discovered my passion for photography at the age of 13. Something great happened before buying my camera: I went to the shop so many times to ask doubts that finally the bookseller gave me a photography book, which I instantly memorize, what helped me to become a better photographer from the beginning and to boost my motivation.
At the age of
In that same period, I bought a medium format camera. This type of camera has a higher
At the end of my university
When I finished my degree, I travelled to England for a year trying to leave behind my academic studies, but
After more than a decade working and living in different cities and countries, I decided to return to my almost natal Cáceres, to focus my activity on artistic photography. Our attitude really changes when we are doing something that we love, and
- 2018/10 – Honorable Mention – International P
hotographyAwards 2018 – Category: Professional – Section: Advertisement “Tourism and travel” – Artwork: “Intercontinental Jump”
- September 2018: preselected – International competition “Caminos de Hierro” 29 edition (149 preselected photographs amongst a total of 3697 from 62 countries) – Artwork: “The traveller’s dream”. Selected in digital format for a travelling exhibition.
- 2018/05 – Bronze – Moscow international Foto Awards 2018 – Category: Professional – Section: Advertisement “Tourism and travel” – Artwork: “Intercontinental Jump”
- 2018/04 – Nomination – Fine Art Photography Awards 2018, 4th edition – Category: Professional – Section: Photomanipulation – Artwork: “Intercontinental Jump”
- 2018/02 – Artwork accepted – Maitland International Salon of Photography, Australia (509 participants and 4495 images) – Section: colour prints – Artwork: “Intercontinental Jump”
- 2018/01 – Honorable Mention (Blue Ribbon
HellenicPhotographic Society) – International Photography Competition “Photo Art Prague” (directed by PhotoArt Magazine; 608 participants and 2732 photographs) – Section “Nature” – Photograph “Ready for a fight” – published in exhibition book.
- 2017/12 – Honorable Mention – International Photography
competition“Chromatic Awards” (over 3000 imáges, 75 countries) – Professional category “Fine Art” – Artwork “A colourful balcony of feathers”.
- 2017/12 – First finalist (2nd place) – International competition of Industrial photography organized by Galician Association of Industrial Engineers – Photograph “Infinity gallery”. Two other submitted photographs are exhibited during the prize-giving ceremony and they are displayed in the competition online gallery (“Recompensa al
esfuerzo” & “Ingeniería de detalle” https://concursofotografia.icoiig.es/album-del-iii-concurso-de-fotografia/)
- 2000 – Artwork accepted – National photography competition organized by Skoda
- 2000 – Second place – First national photography competition organized by Hagen Dazën – Photograph published in the magazine “Arte Fotográfico” (nº 558)
- 1999 – Consolation prize – National photography competition organized by Mars chocolates
- 1999 – First place – Complutense University of Madrid photography competition “Happening”
Critics from art experts
- PENDING TRANSLATION - El arte de fotografiar es, en la actualidad, uno de los métodos más activos para expresar emociones, cada fotógrafo recorre un camino personal que sostiene su propia manera de asumir la fotografía como arte, además de técnica. Como arte libre...
- PENDING TRANSLATION - Tras regresar a España de una estancia de cinco años en Australia, Fernando Paramio crea la serie de fotografías Visiones de otro continente. En ella, a través cuidados fotomontajes digitales, traslada la fauna y la flora del país de Oceanía...
- PENDING TRANSLATION - El arte está repleto de artificios capaces de acercarnos a una nueva percepción ya que la constante construcción creativa es un alegato per se en favor de la ficción, un acto donde la metáfora y los símbolos están precisamente muy alejados de...
Social Commitment: small gestures for a great change
To receive sporadic information about new collections, offers, exhibitions and any other relevant information click here. Thanks!