Who is behind ARTsolutely
I was born in Barcelona in 1977. I have lived in several cities in Spain and overseas (Bristol, Melbourne, Brisbane).
When I was 15 years old, I read my first photography guide and since then photography has been my passion. Although I love all photography genres, what really makes me feel fulfilled as a person is artistic photography, which excites me for its ability to capture my inner world more sharply than how I would see it with my own eyes.
I have taken two extensive courses in photography, study and digital photography. However, my training is mainly self-taught, being my teachers dozens of books and online courses.
I studied chemical engineering without much conviction, and although I worked as an engineer, since 2015 I dedicate myself to artistic photography professionally.
In 2018 I opened my own artist’s gallery, ARTsolutely, located in the old part of Cáceres (Spain). Since then I have won several awards in international photography competitions and continue to present myself to contests to revalue my works.
My goal is to create beautiful images that are able to stop the viewers and tell them a story.
My purpose with my online and offline presence is to show my creations and to offer you the possibility to interact directly with me. You can also buy any image if you are interested, which I will print and frame personally with great care and outstanding quality.
You can also find more information about me or additional images in my blog and also in:
– Instagram: fernando_paramio and also artsolutely_lab_gallery.
– Linkedin: Fernando Paramio
– Facebook: @fernandoparamioalamillo
- 2021/12 – London Internacional Creative Competition (LICC) – Shortlist – Category: Create (Art) – Professional
- 2021/08 – Three Honorable Mentions – IPA OneShot “Our Times – Pandemic Perspectives”– Photographs: “Solar Bath IV”, “Solar Bath V” and “Fully protected conversation on the roof top”, from the series: “Covid Rear Window”.
- 2021/04 – Honorable Mention – Fine Art Photography Awards – 7th edition – Category: Open Theme – Professional level of expertise -Section: Portfolio/Personal -Series:”And the Music Cocooned the Dance”.
- 2020/12 – Honorable Mention – TIFA 2020 (Tokio International Photography Awards, 5th Edition) – Category: Professional – Section: Portfolio/Personal – Series: “Flying in – Flying Out”.
- 2020/12 – Honorable Mention – TIFA 2020 (Tokio International Photography Awards, 5th Edition) – Category: Professional – Section: Editoria/Photo Essay – Series: “Milking my son (A leches con mi hijo)”.
- 2019/12 – Honorable Mention – TIFA 2019 (Tokio International Photography Awards, 4th Edition, 97 countries) – Category: Professional – Section: Editorial/Environmental – Artwork: “Something else than wood”.
- 2019/10 – Honorable Mention – Ibero-American Biennial of Graphic Arts of Caceres – Artwork: “Something else than wood”.
- 2018/10 – Honorable Mention – International P
hotographyAwards 2018 – Category: Professional – Section: Advertisement “Tourism and travel” – Artwork: “Intercontinental Jump”
- 2018/09: preselected – International competition “Caminos de Hierro” 29 edition (149 preselected photographs amongst a total of 3697 from 62 countries) – Artwork: “The traveller’s dream”. Selected in digital format for a travelling exhibition.
- 2018/05 – Bronze – Moscow international Foto Awards 2018 – Category: Professional – Section: Advertisement “Tourism and travel” – Artwork: “Intercontinental Jump”
- 2018/04 – Nomination – Fine Art Photography Awards 2018, 4th edition – Category: Professional – Section: Photomanipulation – Artwork: “Intercontinental Jump”
- 2018/02 – Artwork accepted – Maitland International Salon of Photography, Australia (509 participants and 4495 images) – Section: colour prints – Artwork: “Intercontinental Jump”
- 2018/01 – Honorable Mention (Blue Ribbon
HellenicPhotographic Society) – International Photography Competition “Photo Art Prague” (directed by PhotoArt Magazine; 608 participants and 2732 photographs) – Section “Nature” – Photograph “Ready for a fight” – published in exhibition book.
- 2017/12 – Honorable Mention – International Photography
competition“Chromatic Awards” (over 3000 imáges, 75 countries) – Professional category “Fine Art” – Artwork “A colourful balcony of feathers”.
- 2017/12 – First finalist (2nd place) – International competition of Industrial photography organized by Galician Association of Industrial Engineers – Photograph “Infinity gallery”. Two other submitted photographs are exhibited during the prize-giving ceremony and they are displayed in the competition online gallery (“Recompensa al
esfuerzo” & “Ingeniería de detalle” https://concursofotografia.icoiig.es/album-del-iii-concurso-de-fotografia/)
- 2000 – Artwork accepted – National photography competition organized by Skoda
- 2000 – Second place – First national photography competition organized by Hagen Dazën – Photograph published in the magazine “Arte Fotográfico” (nº 558)
- 1999 – Consolation prize – National photography competition organized by Mars chocolates
- 1999 – First place – Complutense University of Madrid photography competition “Happening”
I was born in Barcelona -nearly by chance- in 1977. Shortly after I moved to Madrid and then to Cáceres, a small but charming town, as evidence the fact that it is a World Heritage Site by Unesco.
I remember my childhood climbing to every place I could, continuously running, playing and fighting with my siblings, visiting the countryside every weekend, reading all I could (I used to devour Roald Dahl’s books), spending time with friends in the old town of Cáceres and travelling around Europe with my family in summer.
I discovered my passion for photography at the age of 13. Something great happened before buying my camera: I went to the shop so many times to ask doubts that finally the bookseller gave me a photography book, which I instantly memorize, what helped me to become a better photographer from the beginning and to boost my motivation.
At the age of
In that same period, I bought a medium format camera. This type of camera has a higher
At the end of my university
When I finished my degree, I travelled to England for a year trying to leave behind my academic studies, but
After more than a decade working and living in different cities and countries, I decided to return to my almost natal Cáceres, to focus my activity on artistic photography. Our attitude really changes when we are doing something that we love, and
Critics from art experts
- PENDING TRANSLATION - El arte de fotografiar es, en la actualidad, uno de los métodos más activos para expresar emociones, cada fotógrafo recorre un camino personal que sostiene su propia manera de asumir la fotografía como arte, además de técnica. Como arte libre...
- PENDING TRANSLATION - Tras regresar a España de una estancia de cinco años en Australia, Fernando Paramio crea la serie de fotografías Visiones de otro continente. En ella, a través cuidados fotomontajes digitales, traslada la fauna y la flora del país de Oceanía...
- PENDING TRANSLATION - El arte está repleto de artificios capaces de acercarnos a una nueva percepción ya que la constante construcción creativa es un alegato per se en favor de la ficción, un acto donde la metáfora y los símbolos están precisamente muy alejados de...